Here it is, my schedule for this year’s Pantheacon. The bolded items are workshops or rituals I’m leading, or supporting. As always, we’ll see how many of the workshops I actually get to.
I am trying to carve out actual time for dinner this year; the last couple of years I had specific dinner engagements (one each year) and this year I have hopes to leave that time free to grab a meal with people I don’t get to see much. As always, with that much going on, who knows, but this is the theoretical schedule. Only thing I can guarantee is that I’ll be at the workshops and rituals I’m supposed to be at 🙂
- 1:30 pm Nourishing Empowering Leadership (Starhawk)
- 3:30 pm Architecture of Ritual: Engaging Participation
- 5:00 Dinner
- 7:00 pm The Awen I Sing from the Deep, or A Ritual for the Great Turning
- 9:00 pm Cauldron Work: The Cauldron of Poesy
- 11:00 pm Fifty Shades of Greyface
- 9:00 am Magickal Drumming – Ritual/Ceremonial Drumming workshop (Don Schulz)
- 11:00 am Ritual Participation Skills (Phaedra Bonewits)
- 1:30 pm Procession of the Fallen Light (Penczak)
- 3:30 pm Chanting and Trancing workshop in the ADF Suite
- (Hexenfest art show/auction)
- 5:00 Dinner
- 7:00 pm Mythpunk Masquerade (til 10)
- 10:00 am-12PM PaganBloggers.com in Sisterhood of Avalon suite
- 1:30 pm Nonviolent De-escalation techniques (Rhyd Wildemuth Crystal Blanton)
- 3:30 pm Journey to the Sacred Well: Seeking Our Magic
- 7:00 pm Embracing Restorative Magic (Crystal Blanton)
- 5:00 pm Dinner
- 9:00 pm Dance Elemental/ ADF Ritual for Unity
- 11:00 pm Hekate at the Crossroads: Meeting of Mind and Movement (Laura Tempest Zakroff)
- 9:00 am Music, Magic, and the Art of Ritual Soundscapes (with Gwion Raven)
- 11:00 am Biochemistry of trance: Optimizing going there and coming back
Architecture of Ritual: Engaging Participation
How do you raise energy in ritual? Ecstatic ritual creates potent rituals and transformative experiences. But how do you engage participation from people of different ages, different physical mobility, and with different learning modalities? How do you keep people chanting? We’ll explore the design of rituals and how layering trancework and ritual structure and flow can engage participation including chanting, movement, rhythm, as well as deeper participation through emotional connection. Participants will have the opportunity to practice ritual skills. Experienced and new ritualists welcome.
Bardic Music, Ritual Magic: Chanting and Trancing Techniques (ADF Suite)
Ecstatic ritual techniques such as chanting, drumming, and movement, work to engage the trance state. And humans are hard-wired to be inspired by myth, by story. Regardless of your tradition, these techniques can add dimension and potency to your rituals. These are also tools that can be layered. Want to experiment with trance journeys that are sung? Want to try adding harmonies or rhythm to your chanting? Want to learn how to bring the deep magic through story, and through authenticity, to get participants to actually participate? Class will involve hands-on exploration of techniques to engage deeply impactful ritual experiences.
Journey to the Sacred Well: Seeking Our Magic
Remember when we stood together under the starry sky, when we lifted our hands from the sacred well to drink? Join us for an ecstatic, participatory ritual to seek the magic of the ancient waters. If you could call out for the magic…the inspiration…life force and hope…would you dare? What incantation will you sing to wish on the stars? Seeking this magic means journeying down the roots of the world tree…gazing into the mirror of souls…seeking the mysteries of your very depths. What must you transform? And what is the dream in the center of your heart? Adults/mature teens only, closed at 15 min
Music, Magic, and the Art of Ritual Soundscapes (with Gwion Raven)
Can you hear the call, the kaleidoscope of sound and rhythm cascading together to weave our magic? We’ll go beyond chanting and into the rich tapestry of sound as ritual technology including: layered harmonies, vocal percussion, drumming, instruments, crafting extemporaneous chants, trancework, and more. Delve into the mysteries of our collective voices as we craft a sweet song of devotion, a furious incantation…as the beat of drums and stomping feet calls us home. Together we’ll create a musical intention; bring your voices, drums, bodies, and any instruments you like! All skill levels welcome.